Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello, Summer!

Hi there! Can't believe it has almost been three months(!) since I've popped in here. This has been an absolutely insane wedding season. I can't wait to share some of what I've been working on with you! I love my job.
And can you believe it is full-fledged summer already? At least here in Tucson it is. I'm determined to make the most of summer in the desert this year. Although I think that will entail getting myself up to higher elevations as often as possible and waking way before the sun rises to take advantage of "the cool" before the day begins. What are your favorite things to do to beat the heat? Ideas, please!
Top: Vintage postcard I found in NYC a couple years ago.
Bottom: Photo taken in San Diego last month.

4 comments:

homeseed said...

yayyy! you're back! i sure have missed you. can't wait to see what you've been working on :)

hmm...i'm not sure if this beats the heat, but i would really like to get a juicer! and juice! all kinds of crazy, cold, yummy concoctions!

i live in chicago and it has NOT gotten hot enough yet. i'd be happy to share the sun with you :)

Emily Nelson said...

Yay! I am glad you have posted. This summer I plan on drinking iced tea and trying not to use my oven. I want to make different salad and cold pasta recipes.
Sometime this summer, come and hike in the lava cave with us! It is 50 degrees year round--nice and cool!

Dana said...

Heat sounds good! We had a freak day of 85 degrees this past week but other than that it has been struggling to get past 50's into the 60's here in Minnesota. Wish you could send some dry desert heat our way!

Chris said...

we like to swim in the neighbors pool! It is very good that our neighbors like us!