Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Amazing Tartine Bakery

One of my absolute favorite parts of being in San Francisco last week was visiting the amazing bakery, Tartine. I have had the Tartine cookbook for about a year, and have loved all the recipes I have tried, including the addicting crackers pictured below, but nothing could have prepared me for the amazingness of visiting it in person.
We had to wait in a line outside for quite a while before we got in the door, and by the time we got to the counter to order, we had to make decisions extremely quickly, and unfortunately, we got overwhelmed and went a little crazy, as you can see from the top photo, ordering a banana cream tart, a slice of quiche, an eclair filled with vanilla custard, a chocolate croissant, meringue cookies with cocoa nibs, coconut macaroons, iced coffee.....it was so lusciously decadent. The atmosphere was bustling and friendly, the decor was rustic and a little indie, all at the same time. It was a perfectly appropriate way to eat on the final day of 2008, with resolutions for much healthier consumption in the new year making up most of our conversation for the next hour. It was so worth it.

2 comments:

SpillingHeart said...

I just LOVE your blog! You're one my favorites! Thank you for your post on the "Amazing Tartine Bakery". I live in the San Francisco area and never knew about it!

B Dunlap said...

Yippee yay! I'm so glad you like my blog! Have you tried Tartine yet? What did you order?!